Board of Directors
Acorn’s Board of Directors is a 100% volunteer group that oversees the mission, finances, and community engagement of Acorn Productions’ programs. The board is comprised of ten members, four who serve as officers and six members-at-large. All board members serve on or chair committees. Standing committees include:
- Marketing and Community Outreach
- Grant Writing
Officer positions include:
- Vice President
The organization has three paid staff; a business manager, a director of training, and artistic director for the Maine Playwrights Festival. Staff attend and report at board meetings.
If you are interested in joining Acorn’s board of directors or serving as a volunteer for any committees, please email email@example.com to be put in touch with a board member.
Qualities we are looking for in board members
- Love of theater and performing arts
- Be committed to the principles of equity and inclusivity
- Skills or interest in these areas:
- grant writing
- legal compliance/contracts?
- Attend monthly board meetings August-May (2 hours/month)
- Participate in committee work (1-4 hours/month)