Now hiring: Part-time Education Director
Acorn is currently seeking an Education Director to coordinate adult acting classes as well as school-based programs. This is a part-time, 9-month (July-March) contract position that reports to Acorn’s board of directors. The contract is renewable annually. Priority deadline for applications is May 19, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
Acorn currently offers two terms of adult acting classes each year with 3-4 classes offered each term as well as two playwriting-based education programs for middle and high school students in Cumberland, York, and Sagadahoc Counties. Summary responsibilities include:
- Develop a schedule of classes that serve the educational mission of the organization
- Hire and supervise all teachers for Acorn’s adult classes and workshops and work with teachers to choose topics and craft course descriptions.
- Coordinate scheduling and communication with all teachers before and during classes.
- Coordinate with Acorn Business Manager to communicate up-to-date registration records for each class to teachers.
- Return inquiries from prospective students about acting classes.
- Communicate with Marketing committee and other board members to provide copy promoting classes.
- Survey class participants each session to collect feedback on course topics, instructors, facilities, etc. for continuous improvement.
- Work with youth program lead teachers to identify which schools to approach for high school and middle school program residencies.
- Communicate with prospective middle and high schools to determine interest and dates for residencies.
- Attend periodic meetings to report summary updates on educational programs to Acorn board.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.